PHS News & Announcements
- Homecoming - Homecoming festivities are ongoing throughout the week at Pittsburg High School as they prepare for Friday’s big game against First Baptist-Dallas.
The Pirates Homecoming game will kick off 7:30 at Pirate Stadium. The Pirates are 2-1 on the season with wins over Wills Point and Gladewater and a loss to state-ranked New Boston.
Prior to the game, the homecoming queen will be crowned. Senior Princesses this year are Alma Guerrero, Hannah McElhaney, Karina Zepeda and Lily Martinez.
Junior Duchesses are Brilie Cummings and D’Maya Hashaway; Sophomore Duchesses are Bailey Branch and Yezenia Cedillo and Freshman Duchesses are Bree Morris and Cali Butler.
Students and staff at the high school are dressing up this week in support of Homecoming. Dress-up days are Jersey Day (Monday), Superhero Day (Tuesday), 80’s Day (Wednesday), Dress for The Future Day (Thursday) and Spirit Day (Friday).
Winners for each dress-up day and hall decoration competition will be announced at Friday’s pep rally.
- Everyone - Student and staff photos for the yearbook will be taken on Thursday, Sept. 19 in the library beginning at 7:30 a.m.
All freshmen, sophomore and juniors should have received a photo package in their English class if they want to purchase photos.
Also, on Oct. 1 will be senior girl photos and Oct. 2 will be senior boys photos. These pictures will also be in the library. Each girl and boy will take approximately four to six different poses. Students will receive proofs of their pictures and will be allowed to take them home and select which poses they want for the yearbook and if they wish to purchase any.
- FFA - This past weekend members of the Pittsburg FFA Show Team competed at the Four States Fair Livestock Show in Texarkana. Students were there representing the school by exhibiting their livestock. All students worked very hard and did very well.
Cody Jackson placed 6th in Class of Beefmaster heifers; Ty McNutt placed 1st & 2nd in Class with his two Red Brahman heifers; River Parrott placed 1st in Class with his Red Brahman heifer; Jasmin Vazquez placed 3rd in class with her Santa Gertrudis heifer; and Cody Cummings was unable to show his Grey Brahman heifer do to a foot injury. We are very proud of these students and the excellent work they put in to represent our school. Please congratulate them when you get a chance to see them.
This Saturday, September 21st, the Camp County Livestock Show Committee is hosting our Fall Open Show at our show barn. Our students along with students from other schools across the area will be there exhibiting their livestock. Students will be showing heifers, steers, pigs, goats, rabbits, and lambs. The show starts at 10:00 AM. We would love to see as many members of the faculty and staff out there to support our students. Hope to see you there!
- Athletes - *Pittsburg Pirates “2-A-Day” Football practice shedule -- All practices will be Monday - Saturday beginning August 5th from 8am -12pm at the Highschool field.* *PHS Lady Pirates Volleyball schedule -- Practices will be Monday - Thursday beginning August 5th from 8am - 12pm at the Highschool gym.* (For further info please call 903-856-6461)
- Students - All students in grades 9-12 can now search for scholarships online by clicking on the "Online Scholarships" link under the "Counselor's Corner" section of the Pittsburg High School website. For username and password please contact someone in the counseling office.
You may purchase a yearbook for your child for $35 through Dec. 14. After that date, the price will rise to $40. Also available for purchase are personalization and icons. Attached to the back of this page is an order form.
- One line of personalization: $5
- Two lines of personalization: $8
- Three lines of personalization: $12
- All icons are $3 apiece.
- Quarter page ads: $100
- Half page ads: $150
- Full page ads: $200
Order forms may be picked up from John Whitten in Room 108 at Pittsburg High School, or they can be downloaded by clicking here. Completed order forms and payment may be returned to John Whitten in Room 108 at Pittsburg High School or mailed to Pittsburg High School, 300 N. Texas St., Pittsburg, Texas 75686.
Please make all checks payable to Pittsburg High School, and write on the envelope that it’s for the yearbook.
For More Info
For more up to date information about PHS events and activities please visit our school calendar by clicking here.
300 N. Texas St., Pittsburg, TX 75686 · Phone 903.856.3646 · Fax 903.855.3325
It is the policy of the Pittsburg Independent School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, handicap,
©2011 Pittsburg Independent School District
or age in its employment practices as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments
of 1972; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. Judy Pollan,
Superintendent, is the Pittsburg ISD Title IX Coordinator, and can be reached at 903-856-3628.